I decided to make this recipe after picking up a jar of Primal Kitchen Mayo over at Thrive Market. I’ve been meaning to whip up some deviled eggs, based on the smoky version at Lockhart Smokehouse. But this egg salad gives you more bang for buck–minus the smokiness. The ghost pepper chili flakes that I got from Trader Joe’s really gives this egg salad bite. Despite that it’s paleo/primal, the egg salad passed the taste test at home.
- 4 Extra Large Grade A Eggs, hard boiled
- 8 Jumbo Grade A Eggs, hard boiled
- 1 oz., Greek Yogurt
- 5 Tablespoon, Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise Made W/avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp, Spices, garlic powder
- 2 tsp(s), Spices, chili powder
- 2 tsp, ground, Spices, pepper, black
- dash of sea salt
- dash of ghost pepper chili pepper flakes
After hard boiling eggs and letting it cool, peel from shell and add to bowl. Use a spatula to break the eggs for a chunky texture. Fold in yogurt and mayo and continue to turn over gently. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cracked pepper, sea salt, and ghost chili pepper.
If I were to add more protein to this egg salad, it would be ham or bacon. Or better yet, smoked brisket.
Yields about 30oz total, 2oz per serving.
MFP Recipe Calculator estimate per serving: